Wednesday, May 23, 2007

QUESTION***

Hello, I do agree with the Cocky Funny in theory.
However for me it is proving to be difficult in
practice. One of the biggest hurdles for me seem
to be the initial walkup. I am a very shy, nervous,
and easily embarrassed person. Often when I see a
beautiful women my heart starts to thump and my hands
sweat, and face goes red. I have had 2 opportunities
in the past few weeks where I had women come up to me
to ask me for something, once for directions, and once
for a light. I can think of a few things after these
happened, like I could have told the girl asking for a
lighter "those things are bad for you, you
know"....The girl asking for directions was a golden
opportunity missed, I could have been more detailed and
then got her email, but instead I just kind of froze
up and gave her quick instructions. When this happens
I start to get regrets and beat myself up for not
thinking more on my toes.

I do think that places outside of nightclubs are good,
because women don't expect it, and you catch them
off guard, but I was on the tub this morning (subway in
the USA) and saw this absolutely stunning Brazilian, I
thought perhaps I could do the "are you single, my
friend would like you" but all the people around me
made me hesitate and put it off. If I had done it
right at the beginning instead of oogling her in
disbelief I probably could of done it.

For me at this point, just to make an attempt would be
good to give me a boost. I realize I have become such
a wuss. How do I get out of this nervous rut which
keeps me from going for the women of my dreams.

J.P in London