Monday, April 02, 2007

Just wanted

to share a little bit of what your lessons have
done for me. I read your book and started concentrating on
what I thought was my weak points. I did as your book
recommended and started picturing myself as the cocky funny
person I wanted to be. I even did the whole daydream
practice thing everyday. I work at a fitness center so I
see lots of hot women all the time. My biggest weakness is
that I look away quickly after eye contact is made. I
decided that before I started trying to approach women I
would make it my goal for a couple of weeks to just make
eye contact and hold it until they looked away. Ok, here is
the good part. After practicing eye contact for a couple of
weeks and doing the whole mental exercise thing, I was at
work one day working out after my break and was practicing
my eye contact thing between sets with this really hot girl
near the dumbbell rack.

I knew she noticed but it never bothered me cause I had no
intentions of acting. Well, I had to go over to get a set
of dumbbells for my next exercise and as I got close to
where she was she suddenly turned around and said "I have
a boyfriend" and turned around. Normally I would have kinda
stood there in shock and said nothing but, I guess all that
mental practice paid off. With out even thinking or pausing
the words just came out. I said "Hey that's great I am happy
for you. (Pause - and in a lower tone) I know this is
probably a major accomplishment for you but to the rest a
the world this is kinda normal so you might not want to go
telling every stranger you see." Then I just walked off
with my weights to do my sets. 5 min later she comes over
to me and apologizes and asks for my number. Turns out she
didn't have a boyfriend but was just tired of being picked
up by losers while she was trying to do a workout. Thanks
for the pleasant surprise!

KAL